PG Diploma in Facility Management
About this course
Facility management is the art and science of managing people, places, and processes within a workplace or building facility, to create the optimal environment for productivity, business efficiency, and customer success. It is one of the key underlying operations in businesses of all sizes and is an important influencing factor for employee satisfaction, engagement, and retention.
The Post Graduate Diploma in Facility Management is a eleven months, full-time, 3 trimester, comprehensive and in depth program designed to cover the essential skills and knowledge that a practising Facility Manager will encounter in his day to day work as well as current and future industry trends.
- The program includes 3 trimesters, comprising of courses in hard / soft services and sustainability
- All subjects will comprise of a mix of classroom learning, practicals, case studies and seminars
- A month-long internship with leading organizations in India to gain hands-on experience and on-the-job training
- The program includes a 3-week training at SFB Schweizerischer Fachverband Betriebsunterhalt. SFB (https://www.betriebsunterhalt.ch/home-zh) is the Swiss professional association for operational maintenance and is mandated by the Swiss Government to conduct a variety of courses in maintenance related subjects. The campus is located on the outskirts of Zurich in Illnau-Effretikon. SFB will have a specially designed 3 week course for AWE students. The focus is on hands on vocational training and students will have an opportunity to learn a variety of skills and methodologies that may not be currently available in India.
- Ability to adopt advanced cleaning methods. Optimal use of cleaning agents and equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot Engineering problems with optimal solutions.
- Able to provide emergency responses in all engineering services.
- Capability to plan fresh water storage, ETP and recycling of waste water and able to solve sanitary and plumbing related problems.
- Capability to maintain HVAC and provide quality air circulation.
- Ability to plan safety & security of people, process, property & ensure business continuity.
- Ability to implement ISO quality standards and legal compliances.
- Able to reduce, reuse and recycle all resources in FM.
- Ability to plan and effectively implement the budget, manage assets & inventory.
- Capability to maintain building aesthetics by landscape and maintenance.
- Implement appropriate pest control measures.
- Capability to use IT enabled FM services.
- Ability to adopt green and clean technology.
- Able to Innovate and adopt new practices in FM.
- Ensure good team building and communication.
- Capable of ensuring Wellness and sustainability in FM
With a combination of class room training, case studies, practical sessions and internships this program prepares you to be the most comprehensively trained professionals in FM in India. Added to this, the program also includes a 3 week training tour to the SFB campus in Zurich and an industrial visit to the Filmop manufacturing facility in Italy.
AWE partners closely with Facility Management companies, large corporations, and leaders in the real estate sector. Our students will be given placement assistance in finding suitable jobs.